We run a continuous assessment programme which means there are no set terms. This allows all children to progress at their own pace. The course runs for 50 weeks of the year, with a break for Christmas.
Payments are made in full at the time of booking. This can be done over the telephone or in person at reception. We have three payment plans available for lessons, booking classes for 1, 4, 8 or 16 weeks at a time.
We offer a pricing discount based on the length of commitment being made to secure the space. All prices are offered per learner; swimming lesson bought in bulk cannot be divided between learners as this would shorten the term of commitment.
All Swimmings Lessons once booked are non-refundable. This is due to the nature of the booking involving specific dates and the classes having limited spaces available.
Our lessons work to Swim England’s Learn to Swim Programme, working through three frameworks: pre-school (parent and child and pre-school), learn to swim (Stages 1-7) and the aquatics skills framework (Stages 8-10).
Please see below link for the Stages 1-7 assessment criteria:
Swimmers progress can be tracked online at: https://oaklandspool.courseprogress.co.uk/
If you have any difficulty with the link, please contact the reception team for extra assistance.
This is the best way to track your child’s progress and track how many weeks you have left of your booking.
SWIMMER PROGRESS TRACKING: This is the best way to track your child’s progress and track how many weeks you have left of your booking. All swimmers receive a unique code that can be used to track progress on our website. This number is available from reception. To access the Progress tracker please select the Learn to Swim drop down menu and then select Progress Tracker.
There are many awards to be achieved throughout the Learn to swim programme, including Stage Awards, Distance Awards and Stroke Awards. You will be notified of these as they are achieved via a badge slip from your child’s teacher.
HOLIDAY WEEKS: we allow all swimmers two weeks holiday per year, these can be taken at your convenience. You are not charged for these lessons. Holiday lessons must be arranged in advance and with the reception team.
MEDICAL BREAKS: we are able to credit up to 4 weeks per year with a doctors note detailing the need to not attend exercise or physical activity. We do not accept email or verbal notification for medical breaks. Common sickness or illness does not entitle you to a medical break; you will need either take holiday or lose that lesson. We can only honour a medical break one occasion per annum. We can also freeze lessons by putting the swimmer on hold. This will remove the swimmer from the class until you chose to reinstate them if the space is still available.
Help for Parents
Here are some basic guidelines to help make the most of the experience for everyone:
- All swimmers 3years + must wear a swimming hat/ cap.
- Please make sure shorts and trunks are no longer than knee length. Swimming costumes should ideally be a one piece. Swimmers may also wear fitted rash vests.
- Swimmers may wear goggles for lessons; we strongly recommend this for stages 2 and above
- Children should use the toilet in advance of lessons. Any swimmers who are not yet toilet trained must wear a suitable swim nappy under their costume.
- A Swimming Instructor will collect the swimmers in changing room entrance to poolside, registering them and then ensuing swimmers shower before entering the pool.
- Please pick your child up promptly from the locker area, you are welcomed to use the changing room showers.
- Lessons can be observed from our two viewing areas. Parents are not permitted to go onto poolside during their child’s lesson. If you have a concern, please report it to the team.
- If your child has had sickness or diarrhoea please do not attend lessons for no less than 48 hours.