We run a continuous assessment programme which means there are no set terms. This allows all children to progress at their own pace. The course runs for 50 weeks of the year, with a break for Christmas.
Payments are made in full at the time of booking. We have three payment plans available for lessons, booking classes for 4, 8 or 16 weeks at a time.
Our lessons work to Swim England’s Learn to Swim Programme, working through three frameworks: pre-school (parent and child and pre-school), learn to swim (Stages 1-7) and the aquatics skills framework (Stages 8-10). Their progress can be tracked online at: https://oaklandspool.courseprogress.co.uk/
This is the best way to track your child’s progress and track how many weeks you have left of your booking. Please ask reception for your child’s unique code and then visit progress tracker website where you can find how to set up and get going.
There are many awards to be achieved throughout the Learn to swim programme, including Stage Awards, Distance Awards and Stroke Awards. You will be notified of these as they are achieved via a badge slip from your child’s teacher.
Each year you have two bookable holiday weeks, please arrange these with reception. If your child is unable to attend due to a medical appointment or a doctor has certified in writing that your child is not to swim we are able to credit a maximum of four weeks per medical event.
Help for Parents
Here are some basic guidelines to help make the most of the experience for everyone:
- All swimmers in pre-school lessons and above should wear a swimming hat.
- Please make sure shorts and trunks are no longer than knee length. Swimming costumes should ideally be a one piece. Swimmers may also wear fitted rash vests.
- Swimmers may wear goggles for lessons, please make sure they are well fitting and should be put on by parents in advance of the session
- Children should use the toilet in advance of lessons. Any swimmers who are not yet toilet trained should wear a suitable swim nappy.
- Teacher will pick swimmers up from the locker area, check them on the register and then supervise a brief shower before entry to the pool.
- Please pick your child up promptly from the locker area, you are free to use the showers once the next class has started.
- If going on poolside please either remove your shoes or wear blue overshoes provided to help keep poolside clean.
- Lessons can be watched from our two viewing areas. Parents are no permitted to go onto poolside during their child’s lesson.
- If your child has had sickness or diarrhoea please do not attend lessons for 48 hours.